What steps can I take to protect myself and my family from coronavirus?
Purchasing a holiday home is an important decision, find the answers to your questions here
To minimise your chances of catching the coronavirus, there are a number of steps you can take to protect yourself and your family.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Bin the tissue and wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and running water
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with others if you are experiencing a cough, symptoms of a cold and fever
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. Use anti-bacterial spray or wipes when cleaning, especially on frequently touched areas, such as door handles and kitchen surfaces
- Don't get too close to people coughing, sneezing or with a fever - they can propel small droplets containing the virus into the air. Ideally, keep at least 2m (6ft) away