Coronavirus (Covid-19) Reopening News
23rd June 2020
We are delighted that we have been given the green light by the Government to reopen from Saturday 4th July – and we cannot wait to welcome you all back to Moss Wood after this enforced absence.
As we await the government guidance accompanying today’s official statement, our reopening plans are as follows:
– Holiday Home owners can return from Saturday 4th July*
– Seasonal Touring Pitch holders can return from Saturday 4th July*
– New touring bookings are being accepted from Wednesday 15th July onwards
– Existing bookings from Wednesday 15th July onwards will be honoured
*The front barrier will be opened from 7am, the office will open from 9am
Our toilet and shower blocks will be opened as per government and medical guidance, with an enhanced cleaning schedule. Please note that blocks will be completely closed for at least an hour daily to allow our staff to safely clean them. Times and details will be provided for each block.
Our touring pitches will only have approximately half of our usual capacity until further notice as we seek to assist our guests in social distancing for everyone’s safety. Our play areas will be opened – but we ask that children are supervised to ensure use of the hand sanitiser provided and to maintain social distancing on the park to the best of your ability.
For the safety of our staff and guests, we will close the shop daily from 12.30pm – 1.30pm for cleaning and restocking.
Please note all guests must register via email at CV19@mosswood.co.uk with the names of those staying in their party at Moss Wood, the dates they will be staying, and contact numbers. This is to comply with the Track and Trace regulations in the fight against Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Also to note:
- If you feel unwell you must inform us, request a test and go home. You must not self-isolate in your caravan.
- The way reception and the shop operate has changed: We do have screens and hand sanitiser dispensers, but we ask that where possible business is transacted on the telephone and not face to face in reception.
- The shop will open from 9 am till 5.30 pm, however we will close for one hour between 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm every day for cleaning and restocking.
- We will not be taking cash payments. Where possible we ask you to make all payments by card or over the phone or through the website for settlement of your accounts.
- Only four people will be allowed in Reception/Shop area at a time.
- No dogs or unaccompanied children will be admitted in shop or reception until further notice.
- For the protection of our employees we are still sticking to 2 meters social distancing everywhere.
- The library will remain closed until further notice
- If you wish to view a new caravan this can be done, but at a safe distance. The caravan will be open for you and you will be left to view on your own. No one will follow you into that caravan on the same day.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Please continue to follow all guidance regarding social distancing, regular thorough hand washing etc and we look forward to welcoming all of our customers back to Skelwith Fold once this crisis passes.