Touring Pitch Terms & Conditions
Advance booking is always recommended and essential for the Bank Holidays and busy period. To increase our efficiency and quality of service to you, the customer, we recommend that you make full payment for your booking before you arrive so that the booking-in process need be no more time consuming than necessary and you can begin enjoying your holiday sooner.
Full payment must be received at least 14 days before arrival for all High Season bookings. If full payment is not received by then, your reservation may be at risk.
Our cancellation policy is straightforward. If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to your arrival date we can refund monies already paid. If you cancel less than two weeks before your arrival date (but before midday of your arrival day) a credit note will be given for sums already paid. In the case of refunds and credits, we may deduct a £15 deposit sum for administration. Credits are valid for 12 months.
Arriving at Moss Wood: What you need to know
You may check in at the park from 2pm on the day of your arrival. Latest arrival is 8pm. After this time the barrier will be locked and access to the park may not be possible. If you are unable to arrive prior to 8pm it is critical that you contact us to discuss your arrival and we will try to accommodate you as well as we are able.
We hope that you enjoy your stay here at Moss Wood Caravan Park and appreciate the relaxed way we run our park. We would however respectfully like to emphasise some of our ‘Park Conditions’ for your benefit and ours.
- 1. Site fees are payable on arrival. Refunds will not be given except in exceptional circumstances.
- 2. All caravans must be parked correctly in accordance with instructions. Any incorrectly sited caravans may be asked to reposition. Caravans may not be sited with awnings facing each other as this is a fire risk.
- 3. Please vacate your pitch by 12pm on the day of your departure unless other arrangements have been previously agreed with the office staff. To be fair to other park users all arrivals after 8pm must liaise with the Wardens prior to arrival. Your pitch will be available from 2pm on your day of arrival, however during quiet periods you may arrive after 10am – call ahead should you wish to do so.
- 4. Please keep your dog under control and on a lead at all times. All fouling must be cleared immediately. Dogs are not permitted on the children’s play area or in the toilet blocks. Noisy and nuisance dogs may be removed from the site.
- 5. Refuse must be compacted and wrapped before being placed in the green Eurobins and not be left on the ground to attract the attention of domestic or wild animals. There are recycling facilities by reception for drink cans, newspapers, magazines and glass bottles.
- 6. Please observe our 5mph speed limit within the park. Always be aware of children, cyclists and pedestrians.
- 7. Please do not use makeshift clotheslines or bushes for drying clothes. Laundry facilities are available in the shower block.
- 8. Fences, barricades and tents are not permitted between caravans.
- 9. Please do not take hot water from the toilet blocks or washing up areas.
- 10. Emergency fire extinguishers are located in the red fire boxes. In case of a fire in your unit, evacuate immediately, retire to a safe distance and raise the alarm.
- 11. Please empty chemical toilets only into the disposal points provided by the toilet block.
- 12. Children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians. The children’s play area is unsupervised and must not be used after sunset. The use of bicycles, skateboards, scooters and similar recreational implements are entirely at the owners’ risk. Ball games are only permitted on the large playing field beyond Reception.
- 13. The caravan owner will indemnify the Park Owners from all actions, proceedings, or claims in respect of any injury, damage, or liability caused by or arising from any wilful act, neglect, or default of the caravan owner or occupants of the caravan who may be at the park or pitch by expressed or implied invitation of the caravan owner. The Park Owners will not make good, accept responsibility , or liability in respect of damage, theft, or loss of or to any caravan, motor vehicle or any article or property left therein.
- 14. Please observe the Countryside Code. The surrounding countryside is farmed and the woodland managed. All users of this park are requested to keep to public footpaths, not to trespass on adjoining land, and not to disturb wildlife.
- 15. Please be aware of other users. Noise must be kept to a minimum after dusk and no noise after 10pm. Noisy guests may be asked to leave.